Sharing data on MTN, GLO, 9Mobile, and Airtel can be done using USSD code or SMS. The four Nigerian telecom service providers have made it possible for one to transfer or share data with friends and loved ones, so we’ve arranged the steps to follow through this review.
Nowadays, mobile data is like fuel for the internet, so people try as much as they can not to run out of data. But most times when they lack funds needed to purchase data, they can reach out to their friends in order to get back online. However, one can easily share data with just a few clicks, thanks to mobile telecom providers.
To share data on MTN, GLO, 9Mobile, and Airtel, you’ll have to note that it can only be done with people who use the same service provider as you. This means that if you use MTN, then you can only share data with your fellow MTN users, and the same applies to other networks. Because of that, we’ve outlined the easy steps on how to share data on MTN, GLO, 9Mobile, and Airtel networks.
- You might like to check out How to Transfer Airtime on MTN, GLO, 9Mobile, and Airtel
Table of Contents
How to share data on MTN
You can share data with your fellow MTN users in three ways, USSD, SMS, and the mobile app.
Starting with USSD, Dial *131*7# using your phone’s caller app
- Select the first option which says”Transfer from data balance”
- Enter the receiver’s phone number
- Enter the amount to send
- Click on “Confirm Transaction”
- Type “Transfer” enter the receiver’s phone number and data amount. Then send the message to 131. E.g Send [Transfer 0905679997 500] to 131.
Using the MTN Mobile App,
- Login to your account or register with your details.
- On the homepage, click on “share”
- Click on “data” among the two options
- Enter the amount and the recipient’s phone number
- Click “Proceed”
Read more: How to Turnoff Blue Light on Smartphones 2023
How to share data on GLO
Sharing data on GLO involves three methods as well, the direct GLO data code, USSD, and SMS
Using the GLO data code,
- Dial *127*01*Recipient’s Phone Number# E.g Dial [*127*01*0905679997#]
- Dial *777#
- Select the first option which is “Data”
- Choose option 2 which is “Share Data Plan”
- Choose the first option which is “Share”
- Enter the phone number of the recipient and send
- A text message will be sent to you that your data share is successful.
To share data through SMS,
- Send “Share” including the recipient’s phone number to 127.
- Sharing data using these GLO codes will give the recipient access to your data unless you remove them from the plan.
- To do this, dial *127*01*Recipient’s Phone Number#
- You can also use SMS by typing Remove + the recipient’s Phone Number and send to 127.
Read also: How to setup Android Auto and Google Maps in a Tesla
How to Transfer data on 9Mobile
Sharing data on 9Mobile requires a Pin which is set to 0000 by default for all users.
- You can change it by dialing *247*0000*Your New Pin#
- A text message will be sent to you if it’s successful.
- Now to share data, dial *229*Pin*Data Amount*Recipient’s Phone Number# E.g
- Dial [*229*1234*500*0905679997#]
An SMS will be sent to you if it’s successful.
Check out the Best Gaming TV: Top 4k TVs for PS5, Xbox Series X, and Others
How to share data on Airtel (Me2u?
Data can be shared on Airtel using the network’s popularly known Me2u service.
To use this service,
- Dial *141#
- Select the 8th option on the list which says”Share Data”
- Select “Data Me2u” which is the fourth option.
- Select “Enter From Existing Balance”
- Enter the recipient’s phone number and the data amount wish to share.
- Then select “Send”.
Read more: Tecno Pop 6 Pro Review: Specs, Features, and Price in Nigeria
Be the first to comment