Apple on July 20, 2022, officially released the macOS Monterey 12.5, more than two months after the launch of macOS Monterey 12.4. According to Apple, the new operating system update adds a bug fix for the Safari tab issue and also adds the option to pause, rewind, restart, or fast forward a live sports game.
The new Apple macOS 12.5 is the fifth major upgrade to the macOS Monterey 12 OS that was launched in October 2021. That being said, the macOS Monterey 12.5 is a milestone update, even though it’s smaller, but brings some bug fixes, enhancements, and security patches to Mac computers.
With that in mind, we’ll take you through everything you need to know about the new macOS Monterey 12.5 update including its release date, performance, and features.
- iPadOS 16: Supported iPad Devices, Expected Features, and Release Date
- iOS 15 Compatible iPhone Devices, Features, and Release Date
- Android 13: Expected Release Date, Supported Devices, and Features
Table of Contents
macOS Monterey 12.5: Release Date
Thankfully, the most anticipated macOS Monterey 12.5 has officially been released by Apple on July 20, 2022, just a few months after the launch of macOS Monterey 12.4.
Fortunately, this is likely going to be the last milestone upgrade for Apple’s macOS Monterey OS as the company is currently working on the new macOS 13 Ventura operating system. The new macOS 13 is already in the beta stage and we expect its release in October this year.
macOS Monterey 12.5 Features and Bug fixes
As of now, the new Apple operating system only has a few confirmed added features which are listed below.
- TV app: The Mac TV app now has the ability to restart a sports game that’s already in progress. Also, it offers some playback control like rewind, restart, pause, or fast forward.
- Safari Bug: The latest macOS 12.5 update fixes an issue in Safari that causes a tab to reverse back to the previous page.
According to Apple, some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices.
- Check out the best home and office printers for Windows 11
- Best Home and Office Printers for macOS Monterey 2022
macOS 12.5 Download
If your Mac is currently running on macOS Monterey 12.4, you’ll see a fairly small amount of download size and will take less than 15 minutes to download the new operating system depending on your Mac model.
- Open System Preferences
- Select Software Update
- Click on Update Now
Then agree with Apple’s terms and wait patiently until the new software is downloaded, installed, and your Mac rebooted. Please ensure to have at least 60% battery life and not to press the power button while the system is rebooting.
With the reports gathered from different users who have installed and are using the new macOS Monterey 12.5 update, here’s what they’ve to say about the performance so far.
- Stable battery life
- Faster WiFi connectivity
- The new Apple operating system feels as fast as the recent macOS Monterey 12.4.